Firefighters with the Madison Fire Department responded to an emergency call on Saturday that was initiated by faulty electrical wiring on the outside of a mobile home.
Fire Chief Randy Minnaert reported that two fire trucks were sent at 11:05 a.m. to lot 6 at 1104 N.E. 3rd St. A resident who noticed some outdoor electrical wiring overheating and melting near the porch.
Minnaert said the firefighters were able to shut down the power to the electrical circuit. They removed the wiring that was added onto the home and was not part of the structure's original wiring.
The firefighters also inspected the mobile home for any damage and areas where a fire could flare up. Minnaert said Bill Hoffman, the current resident at the address, had an electrical line that had shorted out.
They found no fire damage to the structure and no injuries were reported.