The Madison Fire Department sent three fire trucks to the Lakeview Tower apartments on Friday night after an emergency call was made regarding smoke coming from an apartment.
Fire Chief Randy Minnaert reported that firefighters responded to the call that came in at 8:48 p.m. and went to the high-rise building at 111 S. Washington Ave. On the eighth floor, they found that the smoke had originated from burned food in a kitchen oven.
No one was injured from the incident and there was no major property damage.
Minnaert said the firefighters assisted the residents by using fans to evacuate the smoke from the eighth floor.
They returned to the fire station at 9:02 p.m.
The Madison Police Department also responded to the call.