A garage fire that resulted in minor damage at a Ramona residence on Saturday morning was caused by shorted electrical wiring.
L.D. Henrichs, president of the Ramona Fire Department, reported that firefighters were called at about 5:50 a.m. to a home on the town's west side. At the scene, firefighters found that the main power line to the building was shorting out outside of the garage.
Henrichs said electric linemen were called to the residence to cut the power. When the firefighters inspected the interior of the garage, they found that faulty wiring to a heat lamp had shorted and the damage had spread to the structural wiring.
Damage to the garage's interior was described as minor. No injuries were caused by the fire.
The Madison Fire Department was called as backup fire crew, but Madison firefighters were recalled before they arrived at the scene.