The Madison Fire Department sent two fire trucks on Thursday night to an area west of the intersection of SD-34 and U.S. 81 in Madison to assist with repairing a malfunctioning part of the municipal electric grid.
Fire Chief Randy Minnaert reported that the firefighters went at 9:50 p.m. to the scene on the 1100 block of N.W. 2nd St. near Laser Cut Inc. They were called on a rainy night to a west Madison site where the equipment used to attach utility lines to a support pole was failing.
Minnaert said the top of the utility pole was catching fire from what personnel from the municipal electric department judged was a malfunctioning insulator.
The incident caused no injuries or major damage. The firefighters returned to the station at 10:43 p.m.