Madison firefighters were called to a residence about 2 1/2 miles east of town on Wednesday night to extinguish a building fire.
Fire Chief Randy Minnaert reported that five fire trucks were sent in response to a 7:15 p.m. emergency call. The firefighters were directed to the residence of Owen Yunker at 45887 233rd St., where they found a wooden shed on fire.
Minnaert said that one of Yunker's neighbors discovered the shed on fire while driving by and reported it to Yunker, who was inside his home.
Yunker's shed and its contents were a total loss. According to Minnaert, livestock were removed from a calf barn located behind the shed, and firefighters kept the fire from spreading.
Minnaert said the shed had no electrical power, but Yunker reported that the building had a propane heater.
No injuries were reported during the emergency call. The firefighters returned to the Madison fire station by 9:50 p.m.